Skills & Experience
As an integral part of the regional sales and marketing management team, this position will be involved in all business issues and strategies relating to the operational effectiveness of the global and regional marketing teams as well as the regional sales team. The Sales & Marketing Operations Director will contribute to the growth of the company through operational strategy creation and implementation.
We are looking for exceptional process development, problem solving and analytical skills to support a thriving business. The successful candidate will collaborate with many functional areas across all regions, identifying and resolving complex issues impacting sales and marketing process, compensation and infrastructure.
This position will serve as a catalyst to develop actionable insight to support a wide range of strategic sales, marketing and financial management decisions. Key areas of analysis include identification of sales program priorities to drive sales pipeline generation, and create, maintain and track individual and group key performance indicators. This role will manage and report on all aspects of the marketing and sales pipeline, from lead generation through to sales order fulfilment.
The Sales & Marketing Operations Director will drive the CRM and Marketing Automation strategy, including identifying enhancements to the tool, increasing adoption and ease of use.
Candidates should note that the following responsibilities of the role be likely, in some part, to be phased in as the successful candidate establishes a professional sales and marketing operations function in line with the currently underway hiring and growth plan for international sales and marketing teams progresses.
It is expected that the Marketing and Sales Operations leader will cover areas including:
- Assist in the technical conceptualization of demand creation, nurturing and scoring program strategy.
- Ensure business process and technology implementation to ensure best possible data quality and data integrity.
- Manage any external agencies to deliver a best in class execution process.
- Define, document, and maintain all marketing automation related processes, programs and procedures, continually reviewing for ongoing improvement.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness metrics related to tactics and programs managed by marketing automation tool(s) and related applications.
- Consult with field and corporate marketing teams on which data will gain most effective results to enhance future marketing programs.
- Implement and facilitate contact strategies & optimize campaign volumes across the group.
- Ensure alignment with sales, for lead management and demand generation reporting/ROI.
- Define, build and execute the sales region’s sales performance measurement strategy.
- Develop and manage key performance metrics to effectively measure all aspects of the selling process and partner engagement.
- Administer and maintain the company’s CRM system, including driving enhancements and participating in the design of the sales process & systems roadmap.
- Administer and maintain the Marketing Automation System, including driving enhancements and participating in the design of the process & systems roadmap.
- Define, build and run sales reports, including pipeline reporting; coordinate sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes within the regional sales organisation.
- Proactively monitor and maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organisation's plan execution.
- Work with regional sales VPs to drive deal review processes, account and territory planning and ensure the effective coordination of QBR input and action plans.
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement.
- Work closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritise opportunities for continuous improvement and drive the implementation of change.
- Optimise sales team adoption of CRM and other sales tool through innovative programs and act as the region’s liaison with the corporate CRM user and governance groups.
- Support the lead management function responsible for demand generation and building the sales pipeline.
Required Skills & Experience
- A successful track record with a B2B technology company, preferably in a service delivery model environment.
- Demonstrable experience in a senior Sales and / or Marketing Operations role.
- Results orientated with strong decision making skills and the ability to prioritize multiple objectives and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present information appropriately to a diverse range of audiences.
- The ability to understand the impact of operational initiatives from a salesperson’s perspective.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work effectively cross-functionally.
- Proficiency at analysing sales data to make strategic recommendations based on results and trends.
- Strong written and verbal competency in English language.
- Proven presentation skills to conduct sales certifications and group training as needed.
- Strong persuasive skills and the ability to work well with other departments and achieve long term business and process improvements.
- CRM experience.
- Marketing Automation Platform experience.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial thinker with ability to innovate and execute.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Full Time – Permanent
- Location – UK HQ, with quarterly travel to San Francisco, CA and occasional travel to Bogota, Colombia
- Reporting to – VP North America and CMO